How to transfer iCloud contacts Gmail? How to transfer iCloud calendars to Gmail?
It’s time to share some new IT stuff with you guys. A friend was asking me, “Can I transfer my iCloud address book and calendar to my Gmail because I am afraid my photos will be hacked like those Hollywood celebritites?” Of course, you can!
I have done some research on Google and conclude with some solutions below:
- Contacts: Users log in iCloud and save every contact into .vcf file and log back in Gmail and import those files.
- Calendars: Many different ways of doing it. It is similar to the Contact solution. It has to go through an intermediate account, such as from iCloud to Android or iCloud to iCAL first and then from either Android or iCAL to the destination.
Let’s look at EVO Collaborator for Outlook. This Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019 plug-in enables Outlook’s Contacts and Calendars to be a bridge between multiple cloud services. Through this tunnel, a cloud-to-cloud on-the-fly duplication, moving, or synchronizing now becomes possible.
What is CardDAV and what is CalDAV?
CardDAV and CalDAV are standard protocol API by IETF’s RFC for contacts and calendars. Google is using the contacts API and the calendar API to take care of contacts and calendars at the backend to service their customers’ needs on such information.
How to perform cloud-to-cloud contacts and calendar duplication on-the-fly?
- Download ECO from EVO’s official website (when you install it, please log in as administrator)
- Set up Gmail account within ECO’s Configuring profile(s)a. Go to Configuring profile(s) under EVO ribbonb. Due to Google's OAuth 2.0, there will pop up a small browser for Gmail logon. Once authenticated, close the window c. Once completed, Gmail contact, calendar will be bi-directionally synchronized. Data from Android mobile devices will be syn’d too.
- Create iCloud profilea. Repeat adding account like Gmail
b. There will be no OAuth window popping upc. However, please refer to my other post to obtain your iCloud app password. Once completed, iCloud contact, calendar will be bi-directionally synchronized. Data from iPhone mobile devices will be syn’d too
- Synchronize contacts between iCloud and Gmail
a. Click on Explore server under CardDAV actions for contacts on ECO ribbon
b. Click on Profile2 in the Profiles section. At this moment, Full name in the middle will display all contacts under this iCloud account
d. Hold Ctrl and mouse left-click for selecting multiple contactse. Go to bottom of Detail tab and click on C2C Cloud to Cloud Copy
f. In the pop-up box, click on Profile6 to continue duplicating
g. Once completed, a message box appears and inform number of success and failed items
- For the calendar part, it is similar to step 4. The difference is clicking on Explore server under CalDAV actions for calendars in step a. Under Full name, all calendar and task will be shown and you can click on either radial button at the top from step c. However, please be aware that Gmail's Tasks is not CalDAV compatble and cannot be imported.