Import/Export and Synchronize Yahoo! contacts and calendar to OutlookJust a few days ago, one of my buddy from school asked me:
"My colleagues from the States keep on bugging me. They want me to import their Yahoo! Address book and Appointment information into Outlook 2016, 2007, 2010 and 2013 on their laptops for there is too much information to be merged that they cannot afford to miss it. Now, I feel headache comes back because the good old Yahoo! Sync is no good anymore. What am I supposed to do?”
Just a few days ago, I read about software update history from EVO Mail Server website about ECO, it now can perform read/write/delete synchronization tasks on Yahoo! CardDAV and CalDAV!
Let’s see how to Sync yahoo contacts and calendars with Outlook:
- Outlook and Download ECO from EVO's Official Download
- Open Outlook and enter ECO’s “Configure Profile(s)”
- Select the third profile from the top at the left-hand side: YAHOO!
- At the right-hand side, enter your complete Yahoo! E-mail address in “Full e-mail address or Username” field
- About the password, we need to pay close attention. Yahoo! now requires any third-party application to use a separate password called “App Password” generated within your Yahoo! account settings. With this App Password, such sync application can then access information within the user account.
- Please follow Generating App Passwords instruction to create such password and enter this generated password in “Password” field.
- Click on “TEST” below. Once a pop-up box showing “Success” appears, click on “Apply” and then “Quit”
- At this moment, ECO will initiate an automated addressbook and Calendar synchronization