Thunderbird syncs with Gmail ContactThunderbird is one of the popular e-mail clients on the market. As the demand for collaboration arises, Thunderbird plug-in developers have written plug-ins for both contact (address book) and calendar that can be associated with a variety of contact and calendar services such as Gmail.
Associating Thunderbird with Google Contact is feasible but it requires lots of steps. You can follow steps below to do it:
- Install Thunderbird’s newest build from Mozilla website.
- Open Thunderbird and open Tools --> Add-ons.
- At Add-ons Manager page’s top-right, enter google contacts and search. You will get Google Contacts 0.7.xx in the search result. Click on Install.
- Restart Thunderbird afterwards.Now. go to Extensions tab to the left and click on Options next to Google Contacts.i
- Add your Gmail account by click on Add. Then go to Experimental tab and define a time interval in Auto reload to reload if you like to sync your address book more frequently. Then click on OK to exit window.
- Restart Thunderbird, you will be prompted to perform OAuth 2.0. Proceed with entering password.
- Click on Tools --> Address Book. You will see You will see an address book: Googlefirstname.lastname@example.org.