Sync Outlook with Egroupware server?This is an experience sharing from one of my previous jobs. One day, my boss wanted me to do some search on a contact, calendar and task synchronization solution to Egroupware collaboration server to which decided to migrate from a pure e-mail server.
The bottom line is that the solution must be cost-effective and providing perpetual licenses while keeping sync in a simple and straight fashion.
I googled it and found a few candidates: iCAL4OL, EVO Collaborator for Outlook and OutlookDAV. Among them, iCAL4OL is not available. OutlookDAV appears to require way too many steps to configure. EVO Collaborator for Outlook is an add-in within Outlook and it takes no more than 6 short steps to configure:
- Download and install EVO Collaborator for Outlook.
- Open Configure profile(s)
- Click on Profile #15 or later as long as it is vacant.
- In server URL space, enter:
- Enter username & password in corresponding area.
- Click Test, Apply and Quit.